Desert Rat

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I saw a UFO once. Really.
My son was attending a basketball camp on a college campus and I was driving to pick him up at about 8:30 P.M. The last thing on my mind was that I would look out my windshield and see a huge glowing triangle hovering over downtown Tucson. It must have been many city blocks long, and it was stationary in the air like it was just parked there.
I made a split second decision to continue to drive straight under it whether that was the smart thing to do or not because I had to go pick up (maybe rescue) my son... Anyway, poof, the triangle disappeared as quickly as it appeared.
At the university, I asked everyone in the gym if they saw the UFO. Nobody had. I could tell they didn't believe my story, because no one even walked outside to look into the sky and see if anything weird was out there.
And when I got to my parents house, I told them all about it, and I could tell my dad was jealous that he hadn't seen it to, so he hardly wanted to talk about it.
The next day, the headline on the front page of the Tucson Daily Star was about the UFO, thousands of people saw it, and in the article it said the UFO was probably exhaust from the test missiles the navy was launching from the coast of California out over the Pacific. Impossible. California is 10 hours away down the highway, and the lines of the triangle were so crisp.
I still have no idea what I saw that night, but it wasn't a vapor trail. And it wasn't an air force Stealth either; those things are freaky to see flying around, but the triangle was bigger, and really really bright. Plus Stealths can slowly maneuver around the air, but they don't just come out of nowhere and vanish out of sight again.
After this experience, I feel empathy for anyone who saw the Ressurected Lord. You can see the most incredible sight of your life and people either don't want to listen to you, don't care, don't believe you, or come up with lame explainations for what you saw. I think they did an awesome job of conveying the miraculous sight of Jesus risen from the dead because even today we catch their excitment in the gospels. Nobody convinced anybody that they were just imagining the whole thing, or we wouldn't have a church today. People wouldn't live and die for a mirage; they knew what they knew- Jesus rose from the dead just like he said he would.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home