Desert Rat

Thursday, July 13, 2006

I really enjoyed hearing the presentations... What Charles said will really stick with me- that the apostles put their lives on the line so that we could hear the gospel, as opposed to modern authors who would never write a thing if they didn't think they would get paid.

Skipping to the lecture, Sherman quoted Augustine who said, "God is one, and three are God." That thought is enough to keep my brain busy for a very long time. Of course, that's the Trinity in a nutshell. But the Trinity is so hard for me to get a really good conception of... I have sung, "...God in 3 persons, blessed Trinity," since I was a child, but somehow one God with 3 personalities makes God sound like Siamese twins/triplets.
I'm wondering very blasphomously if Jesus is somewhere out in the universe on other planets, helping those cultures along- appearing to those "people" in the "flesh", helping them progress and getting them back into relationship with God. We can't be the only fallen world forever and ever in all space and throughout all time. I guess my mind is thinking about Jesus' task, or job description as part of God- the part that has to help three dimentional creation get to know their Father. Who knows, we might have been the millionth planet Jesus was born into and nasty creation may have failed to recognize each and every time. Poor Jesus, if we are the only world He incarnated into, we were mean enough to him for ten planets put together.
Ugh, I am way out there, just imagining... it's enough to think about what we do actually know; that 2000 years ago, God cared enough to spend time with us, as us. It blows my mind that Josephus and Philo have historical documentation of the Ressurection. Okay, so that in and of itself might not prove Jesus was God; but it goes along way towards proving the Christian message! It's too bad churches aren't "talking up" Josephus and Philo's reports-- Some people don't actually think the Ressurection happenned, but they want to believe it did. When talking to agnostics, I have said (maybe wrongly!), that they didn't have to believe in the Ressurection if they just couldn't... but they still could believe in Jesus as the Messiah, our Savior and Son of God.

1 Comments:

  • yep.. very honest reflection. And also help me to see more and think more about the Christology.

    By Blogger Oliver, at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home