Desert Rat

Friday, September 07, 2007

I am doing research on death for my theology paper,and I think that I am sort of morbid for choosing that topic. From the time I had to bury my pet turtle at age five, I was sort of curious about death and wondered about it. Mostly I am a bit scared of death even though I was a hospice worker and know that sometimes death is God's cure for what someone is going through.

Having said all that, I am not convinced we should dwell on death too much. Maybe it is good to have some pat answers about death so we can put the topic on a shelf and just know God is taking care of us now and always. I think it is a dangerous topic because it nurishes suicidal tendencies that maybe should be starved out.

And I also know people who are involved in spiritualism which I think is like drawing blood, then jumping into a shark tank. They are out of their league, and I don't think we are meant to peer into "the other side". I think people are like fish. Saltwater fish can't live in fresh water, and fresh water fish can't live in saltwater. The dead can't be here and the living can't be there, and we need to be content with that arrangement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home