Desert Rat

Sunday, April 29, 2007

If I ever get through school, to the point where I could get ordained, I wouldn't have any problem with question of perfection because I do believe it is not only possible, but nearly always the case with everybody. Why? Because everyone is perfectly themselves.
And what we think is perfect probably isn't anyway. For instance, hanging out with the brilliant, the beautiful and rich only makes you feel dumb, homely and poor by comparison- what is so perfect about that? On the other hand, after a steady dose of underachievers and misfits, it might be refreshing to be with someone that stretches you and makes you believe it is possible to do more and be more. I have a friend who is an oil millionaire who fantasizes abut being homeless, and wants to try it for awhile just to prove to himself he could do it. Weird huh?
So what seems good can be bad, and what seems bad can be good at any given point in time by any particular person.
Having said that, I think we are getting "perfecter" all the time. Sometimes by bouncing around from one extreem position to another just for the soul to gain perspective. This explains the Convergence Movement I think. The minute we think we have arrived the pendulum begins to swing the other way, but anywhere along the path is perfect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home